Sunday, April 11, 2010

5 years in the making.

Hi, My name is Trevor and I am building my own arcade machine.

Not one with a single game on it, that will bore me after a couple of plays.

Not one that requires me to know the dance steps to "DJ WackJob's Ultra Mix".

And definitely not one that requires me to head to the change machine before sitting down.

What I'm building is a completely customized machine, that plays everything from the original Pong, to the latest episode from the Mario Brothers and everything in between... literally. It will have thousands of games on it from the age of Ataris, Nintendos, Segas, and the arcade classics. One minute I could be playing Mario 64, and with the press of a button I can jump back 20 years, and relive the original Donkey Kong.

See I have never really been much for the new Xbox and Playstation games. For me they require way too much time, and knowledge to really enjoy them. I love to sit down, and play a few levels on a game like Root Beer Tapper, or Burgertime. Just give me a high score, and let me get on with the rest of my day.

For 5 years now, I have been wanting, and planning on how I could accomplish this project. And finally on April 11th 2010, I took step number one.

Where do I go from here? Well I will have to strip down this cabinet completely. Get all of the existing game stickering off and give it a fresh new look. I have to clear out all of the electronic guts from the inside and replace it with a new computer unit. Also a large task will be creating an entirely new control panel as there isnt one whatsoever.

Its a lot of work, but it will be fun and rewarding in the end.

Lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment